Saturday, May 19, 2012

Create Cambodia Arts Festival

Last weekend we held our first annual Peace Corps Create Cambodia Arts Festival and it was amazing. Me and some other volunteers brought a group of our students from different provinces throughout Cambodia to participate in a two day festival that involved mask making, self portrait drawings, theater performances, dance and song recitals and an all out epic dance party. Most of these students have never had the opportunity to leave their villages and travel long distances for a weekend of fun and self exploration through art.
I know that these are the most pictures i have displayed in a single blog but I just want to show how much fun we had overall. One thing I can say for sure is that these students were a group of talented and friendly kids. All the volunteers that put this project together  really outdid themselves and worked really hard in making it a success. I cannot wait for the next one.



The students doing an ice breaker and meeting as many new people as they can.
My counterpart Vanny doing an ice breaker activity on a sweet stage.









I love my students!









A self portrait of me and my friend Jill. My sweet and talented friend Arnaldo drew Jill.
A picture of my students after the festival.


Not only were there many talented students we also had many gifted and talented volunteers who have been guiding and teaching these students along the way.
 Diana can play a mean ukelele like nobody's business.
She can also organize a choir group to sing some tunes such as, The Lion King, "In the Jungle."






Another drawing that Arnaldo did of Charlie. Told you he's talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment